Portable Appliance Testing
All landlords need to have fixed wiring (Electrical Installation Condition Report or EICR) checks carried out at least every five years, which must include an appliance check report (a Portable Appliance Test or PAT).
Attending this webinar will give landlords the required knowledge to carry out their own PAT testing and, depending on the number of properties/appliances they have, for some this could mean an opportunity to make considerable cost savings.
No electrical knowledge or experience is required.
The webinar includes practical and theory sessions, with teaching interspersed with interactive exercises. The trainer will be on hand to help and answer any questions.
On successful completion of the webinar, each delegate will receive a Certificate of Competence in PAT Testing. All delegates will keep a comprehensive illustrated training manual.
- WHO can PAT test?
- WHY do we PAT test?
- WHAT do we PAT test?
- WHEN do we PAT test?
- HOW do we PAT test?
What do you need for this training?
- To complete the course delegates will require a PAT test machine on the day. This does not have to be a Quick Test microPAT, however specific instructions on different machines will not be possible. All delegates will be offered the microPAT Package at a discounted price of £220 + £10 carriage.
- Delegates are provided with the Quick test training book and additional paperwork.
- Access to Zoom with camera and microphone, and a PC/laptop or similar device, ideally with a relatively large screen.
- Delegates require access to electrical appliances for hands-on testing (from your household/office, they do not have to be new). Recommended items include:
- Multi-gang extension lead
- Desk lamp or similar
- Screwdriver to open plug
Course tutor: Neville Croucher and Karen Croucher, Quick Test
Cancellation Policy: For Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) courses the cost of the delegate place is non-refundable. LAS can offer the course place for re-sale if notification of the cancellation is made prior to 10 working days** of the course date. In the case of the course place being re-sold, a refund will be made within 28 working days of the course date. (**10 Working days defined as Monday to Friday).
- Accredited Landlord £204.00 incl. VAT
- Accredited Letting Agent £204.00 incl. VAT
- CLA Letting Agent Member £216.00 incl. VAT
- SAL Landlord Member £216.00 incl. VAT
- £240.00 incl. VAT
You can pay for your training by credit/debit card (online or over the phone) or by bank transfer.
Payment by credit/debit card allows you to secure your registration immediately. If you are confirming your order online, you will be taken to a secure page where you can enter card details. If you wish to pay over the phone, please contact the LAS office on 0131 553 2211 and have your Order Reference number available.
Alternatively, you can opt to pay by Bank Transfer through your internet banking service. Please use the following information:
- Company: Landlord Accreditation Scotland
- Bank Name: Royal Bank of Scotland
- Sort Code: 83-24-18
- Account number: 00732264
Please include your Order Reference number so we can link your payment.
Please be advised that we cannot guarantee your registration until payment has cleared (bank transfers can take 3 working days to process).
Payment is required to secure places on all webinars.
If you have any questions about payment, please contact our administration team during office hours on 0131 553 2211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How our pricing works
LAS accredited landlords and letting agents benefit from the best available prices for all training types provided by LAS.
Landlord and letting agent members of our sister organisation Scottish Association of Landlords (SAL) are offered discounted rates as a benefit of their SAL membership. Letting agent members of SAL are represented through the Council of Letting Agents (CLA) membership plan.
LAS welcomes everyone in the sector to our training programmes and if you are not yet accredited or a member of SAL you can still book a training session at our full training rate, but why not speak to us about becoming accredited now.
LAS Accredited Landlords and Letting Agents:
Best price available for all types of training
SAL and CLA Members:
Everybody else in the sector:
All prices advertised include VAT at the rate of 20%.